WHAT AAC DOES
AAC is well aware of the school closings, cancellations, and changes related to the COVID-19 pandemic, and will take a very active role in a (SA’s) well-being in the classroom, distance, e-learning or hybrid, on the playing field, and in the community. (SA’s) will develop, learn, mature, and prepare for life and the real world with integrity, character, and self-discipline. Through hard work, good study habits, time management, and setting both short and long term goals, (SA’s) gain the motivation to excel and achieve in both their academics and athletics.
AAC administers 1-on-1 in-person & group meetings, as well as virtual zoom meetings to address issues and concerns in (SA’s) future planning and current progress to provide feedback and counsel with consultative reports and goals.
AAC will discuss all academic and athletic needs with (SA’s) and individual sports teams, i.e. weekly meetings with coaches, administrators, and tutors to help set the proper goals and maintain their progress, whether in the classroom or on the field.
AAC can monitor (SA’s) NCAA Checklist from their freshman to senior year in high school via emails, phone calls, texts, and social media.
In addition, AAC caters to parents and guardians who would like to know more for the future of their own student-athletes; as well as athletic departments, coaches, administrators, and counselors seeking educational opportunities for (SA’s).
AAC provides (SA’s) with the ability to register on our website for any updates to the NCAA legislation; along with question and answer sessions periodically to keep SA’s informed.
AAC provides Academic Seminars to ALL student-athletes in group assembly or individual sports programs at middle/high schools, and will present “THE WAKE-UP CALL PRESENTATION” focusing on Balancing Academics & Athletics”.
AAC presentation will cover the following topics:
- COVID-19 Eligibility Center Registration & New legislation
- Core courses (timeline changes)
- Grade Point Average (GPA)- Minimum Required
- SAT & ACT Test Scores
- NEW NCAA Division I & II Sliding Scale
- Dealing with Academic, Athletic & Skill Development expectations
- Rules of the Media Game (radio/television/newspaper)
- Pitfalls of Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter)
- Dealing with Recruiting, Peer & Social Pressure
- Dealing with Social Injustice
- Self-Motivation, Self-Discipline, & Time Management
- Handling Multiple Responsibilities